Modern dog parents want what’s best for their furry little buddies. Buying quality dog food isn’t just to delight your dog’s taste buds, the best dog foods are also healthy and provide a full assortment of nutrients, without cheap fillers and by-products. Healthy dog food is an investment in your pooch’s health, which will not only help them live better and longer, it can cut down on future medical issues and costs.
At Connected Canine, we work hard to ensure that your fuzz babies are well taken care of while you are at work, but we also want to help pet owners support their pet’s health when at home too. Our pet experts have compiled a list of some of their favorite healthy dog food brands and we want to share it with you and your doggos.
In no particular order:
A Pup Above is known for their fresh, human-grade dog food. It boasts exceptional flavor and nutrition, with a much higher than average protein percentage. Their dog food is free of GMOs, steroids, antibiotics, and hormones.
- Fully transparent farm-to-bowl information on the package
- Sous-vide cooking method to retain nutrients
- USDA approved for human consumption
- Environmentally friendly usage of “ugly produce”
- 100% recyclable packaging
- Their fulfillment center runs on 100% renewable energy
Because Animals mission statement is to make the healthiest and most sustainable treats for pets. They note that they are the first and only company making cultured meat (meat grown in a lab) food for your pets.
- Only cruelty free, cultured meat is used in their food
- Omega and Probiotic sprinkles
- Organic ingredients
BIXBI offers premium, healthy, fresh dog food, treats, and supplements. Their products are thoughtfully sourced, made with minimal processing, and are rigorously tested for safety and quality.
- 100% fresh meat and honest ingredients
- Relatively affordable prices
- USA-sourced ingredients
- USA made products
- Subscription discounts
The Farmer’s Dog sells 100% human-grade dog food, pre-portioned and delivered to your door.
- Made fresh – Help to maintain whole food and nutritional value
- Vet developed – nutrition that exceeds industry standards for dogs
- Made is USDA kitchens
- Uses human-grade meat and veggies
- Eco-friendly packaging
- Free deliveries
- Personalized meal plans
Wilder Harrier features hypoallergenic dog food and treats, made with inventive and sustainable proteins like cricket powder and wakame algae.
- Eco-friendly protein from crickets and algae
- Hypoallergenic food
- Money-back guarantee
- Dental sticks
- Partnership with LOOP to use saved fruits and vegetables
- Less greenhouse gases created and water used from cricket protein
Taste of the Wild features premium, grain-free pet foods that are based on your dog’s ancestral diet. Their food’s complete nutrition is driven by what nature intended for your dog, in flavors that their inner wolf craves.
- Made in the USA
- Enhanced with K9 Strain® Probiotics for better digestion
- The first ingredient is from real meat, fish or fowl
- SQF Certification
- Regular safety testing during production
Ollie delivers fresh, healthy dog food made with real, human-grade ingredients, that are tailored to the dog’s unique nutritional needs. They let you create a unique profile for your dog, to get a tailored plan, and then have the food delivered to your home.
- 100% real food, no by-products or strange fillers
- Nutritionally balanced and complete
- Delivered fresh to your doorstep
- Subscription delivery service
- Free storage container and scoop
- Freezer friendly food packs
- 100% money back guarantee
Wellness believes that your pet’s food should not only be delicious, but also it should make your pets healthy and happy. They have been crafting natural pet food for nearly 100 years and their belief in balance guides everything that they create.
- Uses a wide variety of healthy ingredients
- Contains probiotics for better digestion
- Exceeds the strictest requirements from the FDA
- Offers dry, wet, mixers/toppers, and treats
Open Farm recipe was created to give your dog exactly what they need in their diet, without the fillers and by-products found in average dog food.
- Uses ethically sourced, humane, antibiotic-free proteins
- Contains locally grown, non-GMO fruits and veggies
- Their dog food comes in dry, wet, freeze-dried raw, and gently cooked,
- They sell treats, toppers, probiotics, and bone broth
- Dedicated to sustainability and reducing their carbon footprint
Pooch and Mutt is an environmentally conscious brand that sells natural, grain-free dog food that promotes nutrition for mobility, digestion, calming, weight-loss and more.
- Product subscription options
- Many products use recyclable packaging and working towards having all recyclable packaging by 2025
- CO2 conscientious products
- Products range from dry and wet food, to treats, supplements, and chews
- Made in the UK
Find the Perfect Food For Your Dog
Now that we have a better idea of some healthy dog food options, the next step is to find out which is the perfect match for you and for your doggos. Weigh the benefits between dry and wet food, probiotics and supplements, or if you prefer the fresh made options. Think about whether you would prefer a subscription and delivery service or if just want to know what to look for when shopping at the pet store. No matter what interests you the most, this list will give you a great head start.
If you would like to spend more time with your furry buddies, check out the services offered by Connected Canine. We help businesses make their offices dog friendly so that we can not only give our K9 companions the best food, but also ensure that they have plenty of human time and TLC.
Learn more about Connected Canine and how we can help to make you and your pets happier and healthier: